TYPES OF LESSONS
Online one-to-one courses
Sign up for our online one-to-one lessons and get all the support you need to learn the language you always wanted from your home, office or on the go. Our native-speaking instructors will help you achieve all your goals in the shortest time possible.
Choose Listen & Learn's one-to-one online courses!
Our online lessons are completely customised to suit your interests and needs. This means your certified tutor will take your learning style and level into consideration when planning engaging, fun classes based on communicative principles.
So, instead of studying the language of your choice by learning rules or memorising long lists of words, you will be working with real-life materials like songs, movie clips, music videos or short stories while completing communicative tasks that interest and motivate you.
Don’t worry, you don’t need a lot to get started with our online language courses.
You only need to own an electronic device (a laptop, tablet or even smartphone will do) and have a stable internet connection to enrol.
In addition to not having to commute anywhere to take the lesson, our classes are flexible and adapt to your schedule. We can teach you any day of the week or weekend, any time! And in case you need to reschedule, you only have to reach out to your tutor with one business day’s notice.
Online CLOSED group courses
We offer closed group sessions for people who have friends, family members or co-workers who are also interested in learning the same language. Before starting the course, students will speak to their tutor and agree on goals and methodologies.
If you want to sign up to our closed group language sessions, just consider this:
• To ensure the experience is as personalised and effective as possible, groups should not have more than 8 participants.
• Our tutors will personalise your learning experience, adapting materials so they suit your interests. You get to decide whether you want to study using novels, movie clips, songs and/or traditional course books.
• All the students need to have approximately the same level of proficiency and learning goals. Otherwise, it will be impossible for the tutor to come up with a motivating lesson that suits every student.
In case you need to know more about your current ability in your chosen language, you can take our FREE level tests. If all of you are Absolute Beginners, you don’t need to take the test.
Online OPEN group courses
Sign up for open group lessons and you will meet enthusiastic learners from different parts of the world. In addition to learning the language you always wanted, you will participate in an enriching cultural exchange, learning about your fellow students’ traditions and beliefs.
All the course participants will have the same level of proficiency to ensure you can achieve your linguistic goals effortlessly.
Our professional instructors usually follow the communicative approach, which means you will learn your target language with real-life examples and motivating tasks. For instance, you will get to analyse the vocabulary, grammar, intonation, discourse markers and facial expressions used by native speakers in different situations, such as at the airport, at the supermarket, at school and more.
Want to know more about our online open group language courses?
• Our open group sessions last 5 weeks and you will receive a certificate of completion stating your current language ability.
• Our tutors are certified professionals with at least 2 years of experience teaching children, adolescents and adults online.
• You don’t need advanced equipment or deep knowledge of technology to take part in our open group language lessons. You can take the class using an electronic device (a laptop, smartphone, tablet) and a stable internet connection. Download Zoom and you are ready to get started!